I was surprised to wake up this morning and find that Mom In Rome has awarded me the
I’m so excited! I haven’t gotten an award since I was in school! 🙂
as part of the award, I need to tell you all 7 amazing things about me, and award 15 bloggers and let them know that they’ve received the award. So, without further adeiu…
1. I hate housework. I just have no desire to scrub every day and be the wife that keeps everything nice by working at it all the time. I’d much rather be working in the classroom, going on field trips, baking with the kids, blogging, playing outside, or knitting. I do love having a clean house, I just hate doing what it takes to get there.
2. I have more yarn than I know what to do with. I could knit a project a month for several years to get through it all.
3. I suffer from daily headaches. I think some people don’t believe me, since I just sort of get through every day and try to smile as much as I can, I’m usually in at least some pain.
4. Once upon a time, I wanted to be an actress. I moved to L.A. to pursue that (to an extent) and loved the classes, but soon figured out that perhaps my ego was too fragile for such regular rejection, so I stopped. I even met my husband in a comedy writing class. Sometimes I wonder if I would have gotten anywhere had I kept with it, but we’ll never know.
5. I always wanted a big brother and a sister. I have 3 younger brothers, and I adore them. They’re great brothers – I only wish we all saw each other more often. But, when I was younger, I thought it would be great to have a big brother that looked out for me. That set the path for me, and kept an eye out for me. I also always wanted a sister. I had friends with sisters that seemed to be so close. I wanted someone to talk boys with, someone to talk hair and clothes with, someone to tell secrets to. Along the way, I’ve chosen my own sisters. The interesting thing is that somehow I ended up with 1 boy and 2 girls, so each of my daughters has a big brother AND a sister.
6. I want to take a ballet class. And maybe tap. And maybe ballroom. And keep learning piano. And maybe something like singing – who knows? I never liked school, but I love learning new things. Go figure.
7. Even though I love being in the classroom and hope to someday be back to teaching, I’m secretly (or not so secretly) loving being able to be home and be available to the kids. I love being able to go on field trips or help with activities. I love that all the kids in their classes know my name and (hopefully) like working with me.
Okay, now, 15 bloggers! Let’s see if I can find 15! 🙂
5. Non-stop Mom
I need to stop there, because it’s almost time for my piano lesson today. I’ll try to come back with more. Happy Saturday!!